Creating an impactful marketing for your insurance isn’t going to be a cakewalk. From strategizing your marketing campaign to actually executing it and getting fruitful results is a cumbersome task. But with the right tools at your disposal, you can grow and increase your profits as well as your leads without much hassle.
10 insurance marketing strategies to boost your sales
Branding is the essential expression of core values of any organization and an underlying element of any core marketing effort. It is more of a pull factor than push. How you brand yourself in the insurance industry will definitely affect your marketing efforts. Your branding is what will stick with the customers in association to you and your agency.
2. Door- to door marketing:
You might be raising your eyebrows as you read this first point. Not exactly what you were hoping to see now is it. While it is not possible to conduct door-to-door campaign for every prospect and potential leads, door-to-door marketing is an effective strategy that you shouldn’t knock before you try. Still not convinced? Here are some reasons you should incorporate door-to-door marketing to your marketing strategies:
- It’s cost effective: Door to door marketing costs you the least amount of money. Your biggest expense is probably going to be producing large number of business cards that you will need to hand over to your leads.
- The relation with your lead becomes personal: BUT EVERYONE HATES SALESPERSON AT YOUR FRONT DOOR! When you end up at someone’s door step for the first time, your focus is not to sell insurance immediately, but introduce yourself and your agency. Sure you are bound to get the cold shoulder from a few households, but don’t let that stop you. Everything depends on how you introduce yourself. Focus more towards nurturing a positive and personal relationship that is bound to captivate your lead in the best way possible.
- Faster follow ups: The leads you generate through door-to-door marketing produce faster follow-ups. And what comes with faster follow ups? Faster sales.
To absolutely nobody’s surprise, the marketing strategy that you should be focusing on for your insurance is blogging. While this may seem like a mundane task that requires more effort than necessary, that is not actually the case. The idea is to produce content blog that actually adds values for your readers and can be shared with others. Add content in regards to the insurance world, give out tidbits of tips and tricks that your readers can actually incorporate outside the internet and post your rich content on authority sites like LinkedIn to create larger follower base.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an area of marketing that, although some insurance agents may not be very familiar with, is very important in today’s day and age. To put it simply, SEO is how you improve your website’s visibility on the internet to the users of web search engines like Google. How can you work for a better SEO? Here are some pointers listed out in short.
- Have a good page loading speed
- Make engaging content
- Link to other websites with content that are relevant
5. Referral partners: According to Amplifinity,a referral channel can deliver a higher value when compared to the standard marketing and partner lead funnels. In fact, when there is sales involvement with a referral program, the conversion rate of referral partner leads shoots up to 41 percent. Referral partners are, therefore, important for generating leads for your agency. Hence it is important that after you on board referral partners as per your needs, it is important you keep them engaged and referring to convert leads and generate better results.
6. Facebook ads:
Facebook ads are a great way reach out to potential leads. You can target by interest, age, relationships status, geographic location, and more. You can make use of tools like Facebook Pixel to optimize your ads and also keep record of how your ads are performing.
7. Video proposals:
Another effective way to get word out on your business is through video proposals. The more you talk and make sure people hear about insurance, the more likely are people to listen about the insurance policies offered by you. Not all your customers are going to be insurance experts. You can use videos to explain and walk them through the various insurance policies that you sell and maybe even list out some of their benefits. This will not only clear up things for your leads, but will also save your time. How? If a lead is still not interested in what you have to offer, they can simply move forward without the need to get involved in verbal exchanges and fixing up appointments.
8. E-mail marketing:
Email marketing is an important component of your sales funnel. You can come up with various automated e-mail sequences to send out to your subscribers based on their interests and activities on your website. Segmenting your customer base is a large part of how you can move forward with your e-mail marketing. Categorize your customers and leads based on their activity to send out different specified mails to specified lists.
9. Social media:
In this day and age, social media is your friend when it comes to marketing any kind of business. It is the go to platform for content creation, keeping track of leads and engaging your present customers. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram should be your go to social media platforms. Be sure to provide authentic and engaging content for your follower base to engage them with and also, don’t keep your customers hanging. Many businesses have established themselves solely through the back of social media. Just be sure to keep that in mind. While this may seem intimidating, the results that you can yield from successful social media marketing are magnanimous.
10. Build a lead magnet:
A lead magnet is an incentive offered to potential buyers in exchange for their email address or other contact information. Lead magnets usually offer a piece of digital, downloadable content, such as a free PDF checklist, report, etc. A lot of efficiency in your marketing boils down to lead magnet. A correct lead magnet provided to a correct viewer can generate large amount of success. They give people a stepping stone to stand on and decide if they want more of you before you expect them to open their wallets. Be sure to equip your website with lead magnets else your sales funnel will remain broken.
Even incorporating a single one of these strategies in your marketing can bring changes in your agency performance. What would prove to me more interesting, however, is if you decide to mix up these strategies to design your own unique ones to boost your agency further. It won’t be easy but dedicating time and effort can be the right way for you to come up with the best marketing strategy for your agency.