A Comprehensive Guide to Generating Insurance Leads through Networking
Generating leads for insurance has never been easy, but it isn’t hard either. The general notion is that to get more insurance leads, you need to use more platforms. But often, the problem is not how many platforms you use, but how you use them to make insurance sales.
In this article, we will briefly go over how you can use efficient networking to make insurance sales.
Networking in Events
Events hosted around you present an excellent opportunity for getting insurance leads. First, you should asses the relevancy of the event. For example, if you specialize in auto insurance, you could attend car shows and similar events to find potential leads for insurance.
While approaching potential insurance leads in events, you should consider how to present yourself. Often, this requires some advance preparation.
A few things to remember –
- Know what the event is about, and who the key players are before you go
- Research latest trends so you have something to talk about
- Remember that your objective is to collect data, not getting insurance sales
Talk to potential leads for insurance, find out the problems they are facing, and research the solutions. Approach your contacts later with the solutions that you’ve gathered. Once you’ve established rapport and built trust, then try to make insurance sales.
Referrals are the holy grail of insurance sales since it means that your customer base is expanding on its own.
Getting people to refer your services to insurance leads isn’t something you can force. You will have to let it happen naturally. However, there are several things you can do to accelerate the insurance sales process.
- Find out who among your circle might have a relevant connection
- Never ask for a referral upfront.
- If you refer the services of other professionals in your network, it’s likely they’ll return the favor.
- Provide excellent service to the network you already have.
Connect people that you feel might be able to help each other as referral partners. For example: if you know a realtor who is looking for a landscaper, introduce them. Create a reputation for being a Mavin.
Remember, getting referrals for insurance sales requires a lot of patience. Still, once you start getting consistent referrals, finding leads for insurance won’t be hard.
Getting leads for insurance through trade associations
Leveraging Digital Platforms For Insurance Sales
Social media has taken the world by storm. It would be unwise for businesses to miss out on attracting potential insurance leads. But how do you utilize social media to make insurance sales?
A basic cheat sheet you can follow is:
- Find the current trend in your industry.
- Connect with niche-related people.
- Create a monthly content plan, fix a schedule, and start sharing.
- Communicate with customers and businesses frequently.
- Finally, be consistent.
Be relevant and add value. It doesn’t always need to be about insurance, but it does need to add value to a person’s life. Share community information or repost a feel-good local article. Become the bearer of good news. Educate and bring smiles. Never post the negative spin on anything.
While you can engage a lot of insurance leads through social media, your primary lead source should be search engine optimization (SEO).
So how can you make insurance sales through SEO?
- Site optimization
- Make your site easy to navigate
- Bring relevant backlinks
- Use relevant keywords
- Publish frequently
- Have a strong call to action
- Local listing:
- Verify your google business account
- Target area specific keywords
- Post frequently
These are some ways in which you can leverage networking for generating insurance leads. You can try these methods and figure out which one works best for insurance sales. However, this is just a small part of generating leads. There is so much more you can do!